Inerjys invests in both clean technologies and projects, thereby bridging the gap between renewable energy technologies and market commercialization.
Inerjys strategically invests in technology companies across six focus areas:
- Solar energy
- Wind energy
- Hydro 2.0 (waves, tides and rivers)
- Biomass energy
- Energy storage
- Smart grid and T&D technologies
We look for companies that are commercial, or close to commercialization, with a strong management team, proprietary technology or service, and that address a significant market opportunity.
Inerjys acts as a strategic investor, providing added value beyond growth capital to its portfolio companies: we develop projects to incorporate technologies from our portfolio, thus helping companies with their go-to-market.
Inerjys builds renewable energy projects in several ways:
- Through Inerjys Renewables, our wholly owned internal project development firm
- Through a selected number of partner project development firms
- Through debt project financing
The projects Inerjys develop help to deploy technologies from our portfolio.
We are particularly interested in the following project categories:
- Solar, wind and biomass energy in developed and emerging markets. Projects being developed in environments with favorable resources and government incentives.
- Northern and offshore wind where winds are more powerful, and turbines can be built larger.
- Hydro 2.0: waves, tides and rivers. Technologies that harnesses the power of water, from waves, tides, or rivers. Inerjys Ventures is helping to commercialize these ideas and build projects with them.
- Remote locations. Cell towers in Southeast Asia and remote communities in northern Canada have one thing in common: they are powered by diesel generators. Integrating various renewable technologies can provide an economically and environmentally sustainable solution.
If you're an entrepreneur and think Inerjys is a good fit with your company, we invite you to apply for funding.